Looking for a detailed Montblanc wallet review? Below we examine our favorite wallets from different collections and provide some tips on what to look for when buying your wallet.
We know some of you won’t want to wait, so below is the quick version of our favorite four, and our winner overall! But do read on for the full review of all our favorite Montblanc wallets!
Montblanc: A Rich History
Montblanc is an International company based in Hamburg, Germany. It is a company that specializes in manufacturing luxury products. It was founded in 1906 and, , is one of the leading companies in making goods like bags, wallets, watches, jewelry, and other types of accessories.
Before looking at the different types of Montblanc wallets, here are four things to consider before buying one for yourself or someone else:
- Material: The material used in making their wallets is full-grain calfskin leather. Wallets made of fine-grain leather are quite easy to get and are available everywhere. However, a high-quality full-grain wallet is what you should look for if you want a wallet that will last you for a really long time and is worth every cent you pay for. This is where the Montblanc full-grain leather wallets come in. These are made with great precision, removing visible imperfections to give you a durable, smooth, and reliable experience.
- Dye: Montblanc uses semi-aniline to dye their wallets. This covers any noticeable imperfections and gives the wallets a smooth and attractive look. Semi-aniline is a sophisticated dye that does not fade away quickly.
- Authenticity: There is no doubt that Montblanc wallets are made with high-quality genuine full-grain calfskin leather. It is different and more reliable than most wallets that are readily available in the market. Montblanc wallets are durable, unique, and genuine.
- Variety: There is a variety of wallet collections with Montblanc. Some of the best Montblanc wallet collections include the Westside Wallets, Meisterstuck Wallets, Sartorial Wallets, Extreme 2.0 Wallets, and Nightflight Wallets. Every collection has a versatile series of wallets and cardholders, along with different variations. The type and sizes of all the wallets are quite similar in all these collections. However, the differences lie in their colors and designs. The variations include the presence or absence of a coin case or the number of credit card slots. Montblanc uses only the highest quality leather and dyes to manufacture each type of wallet.
Montblanc Wallet Review – Our Favorite Wallets From the Collection
Below are our favorites – continue on to our complete Montblanc wallet review!
Montblanc Westside 4810 8CC
The Montblanc Westside wallet line offers different variations and styles. It is made of full-grain cowhide leather. The design and type of wallets are really easy to use and lightweight.
This wallet has a number of convenient slots and pockets in its interior for all your essential bills and cards. It comes with eight slots for your cards and two sections for your money and bills. You’ll also notice two extra pockets that make your wallet experience more organized…and who doesn’t need that?!
It has a sleek design and reliable performance along with a unique Montblanc print and glossy finish. This wallet is compact and pocket-friendly, which makes it ideal for traveling as well.
The style of this wallet is a regular bifold wallet which achieves a good balance between capacity and bulk.
- 8 credit card slots
- 2 additional pockets (e.g. for banknotes)
Montblanc Westside 4810 6CC (Long Wallet)
This is a new wallet added to the Montblanc Westside Collection. It is longer in size as compared to the other regular-sized wallets. The design of this wallet is sleek, yet it is spacious. Like any other wallet in the Westside line, it has the classical Montblanc print and shiny finish.
This wallet has 6 credit card slots to store your cards. Also, it has two sections for your bills with two extra pockets. What makes this wallet different from the rest is the presence of a large pocket with a zip. You can conveniently store your coins in this pocket. This wallet is great while you’re traveling and can be easily carried in your bags or breast pockets.
This wallet is more spacious as compared to the other regular wallets. Along with your credit cards and cash, you can also carry your travel tickets or other essential receipts in this wallet. However, this wallet may not fit as conveniently in your pant pockets.
- 6 slots for cards
- 2 money sections
- 2 extra pockets
- 1 additional zipped-pocket
Montblanc Meisterstuck 11CC
The Montblanc Meisterstuck 11CC wallet is a reliable wallet. With its eleven credit card pockets, two compartments, and ID window, you don’t have to worry about storing your credit cards, cash, and other important receipts.
This wallet is made with high-quality European full-grain leather. It has the classic Montblanc shine finish with jacquard linings. The front of the wallet is adorned with the classic Montblanc Emblem.
This wallet is a great choice for people with excessive cards as you can conveniently store in the eleven different slots. If you can’t pick out your favorite credit card, then this wallet is for you.
With this wallet, you never have to worry about running out of space for your credit cards and bills.
- 11 credit card slots
- 2 compartments for your money
- ID window
Montblanc Meisterstuck Urban 6CC
This slim Montblanc wallet features two front pockets and six different slots for your travel or credit cards. It has two slots for your cash with two extra pockets. This wallet has RFID lining on its internal slots.
We’re big fans of slimming down your wallet, and this is a great option that doesn’t sacrifice as much space as the ultra-slim card holders can.
The wallet also comes in a cobalt blue color with a classic metal finish in the top corner.
This is one of the slimmest wallets available in the Montblanc Wallet Collections.
- 2 pockets at the front
- 6 credit card slots
- 2 compartments for your cash
- 2 additional interior pockets
- RFID Technology
Montblanc Sartorial Camo 6CC
If you are tired of the usual plain wallet designs and want a wallet that has a stylish edge, this is the wallet for you. This wallet has an elegant camouflage design over its classic Saffiano leather.
It has six different slots and compartments; four slots for your cards, a built-in money clip, and two extra pockets for any other important bills and receipts. This wallet is spacious yet slim and lightweight. It can easily fit in any pocket and is travel-friendly.
This wallet is made of Italian full-grain Saffiano calfskin leather. Centered along the bottom is the Montblanc Emblem.
This product efficiently blends in fashion with functionality. It maintains its modern and sleek design, yet it makes no compromise in the features of an efficient wallet.
- 4 credit card slots for your cards
- 2 extra pockets
- Money Clip
Montblanc Sartorial Pocket 5CC
This product is a small functional credit card pocket. It has five card slots to store your credit cards or any other business cards. It is made with full-grain calfskin leather and has an elegant Saffiano finish.
This card pocket is very slim and lightweight. So, you can easily carry it in your pockets and bags. Slim card holders like this are perfect for front pocket carry.
- This card case is convenient when it comes to storing your important cards.
- This is truly a minimalist card case and serves its sole purpose right.
- 5 credit card slots
- Available in three different colors- dark blue, black, and grey.
Montblanc Extreme 2.0 Wallet
This exclusive wallet is manufactured with a combination of full-grain calfskin and split calfskin leather. It has a carbon-fiber-like print on the outside and is black in color. It is the traditional bifold wallet in style and is equipped with RFID protection.
This wallet is an excellent choice for travelers and explorers to keep their cards and cash safe. It has six credit card slots and a classic money clip.
This is a slim wallet with a sleek design. You can carry this conveniently in any shirt or pant pockets.
- 8 slots for cards
- 2 cash compartments
- 4 additional pockets
Montblanc Extreme 2.0 4CC with Coin Case
This wallet from the Montblanc Extreme 2.0 collection is made with full-grain and split calfskin leather. It is deep black in color and has a carbon-fiber-like print on the outside. This wallet is a little thick as compared to other wallets due to the presence of a coin case.
With this wallet, you do not have to worry about your coins falling out as it comes with a small coin case with a flap in its interior. It has four slots for your cards, one cash compartment, and also three extra pockets.
This wallet is equipped with RFID protection.
- 4 card slots
- 2 cash pockets
- 4 extra pockets
- 1 coin case
Comprehensive Montblanc Wallet Guide [CHART]
There’s Something for Everyone
The choice of wallets differs from one person to another. Also, one wallet that functions great for one person may not work for the other. Thus, the functionality of each type of wallet depends solely on the user’s preferences. Are you looking for a slim-fit wallet, minimal or maximum slots, presence or absence of coin case or front pockets?
Fortunately, the Montblanc Wallet Collection has a wide range of wallet types with different functional options.
But for us, we have a clear favorite:
- Six card slots, extra pockets, RFID protection
- Unique, elegant design in multiple colors
We're big fans of slimming down your wallet, and this is a great option that doesn't sacrifice as much space as the ultra-slim card holders can.
Montblanc has manufactured every wallet precisely with high-quality leather, keeping in mind the needs of every customer. Remember however, the durability of a wallet depends on how well you carry it. Make sure to take good care of your wallets, and they will last you for a long period of time.
Before You Go..
You may be a little on the fence when it comes to buying an expensive wallet. After all, do you really need something like this? Well, at least one high-end newspaper thinks a luxury wallet is something every man should have, and we tend to agree.
Check out our next article for more:
- How To Spot a Fake Coach Wallet or Bag
- The Best High-End Money Clips
- Is This The Best TUMI Card Case?
All product names, logos, brands, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Last update on 2023-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API