Hey guys! Thanks for your interest in helping us grow at The Wallet Shoppe. We’re always looking to partner with like-minded folks, so please continue reading if the “write for us men’s lifestyle” topic interests you.
What started as a blog in and around men’s wallets, has turned into a full-blown community for all things in the men’s carry and fashion space. We love wallets, backpacks, briefcases, bags, luggage, tech and gadgets – all things men’s lifestyle. Our site is geared towards men, but we do have a fair number of women readers as well.
If you’d like to write a guest post for us, please contact us below, we’d love to have you. Please continue reading below to review our guidelines:
Guest Posting Guidelines
- Make sure your “topic” will be relevant to our readers. Like we mentioned above, our site is in the men’s gear and men’s lifestyle arena, so if your topic is completely out of that space, we might not be the best fit. That said, email us and pitch if you have questions.
- Guest posts must be between 500-1500 words. If shorter or longer, please ask us for permission prior to submitting.
- We’re looking for solid writing skills. You don’t have to be the best writer on the planet, but we need to be able to hear your “voice” and your writing needs to flow. Also, if there are major grammatical issues in the piece, we will ask you to redraft or correct it before we can accept for publishing.
- Original, original, original…did we say original? Your article can’t be directly copied (or spun) from somewhere else on the web. And please don’t submit the article you send us to other websites…if we find them, we will be forced to remove your article from our website. #duplicatecontent
- Include a BIO. We’d love include some information about you, but please don’t write something that’s so self-promoting that our audience won’t read it. Remember, add value to our site and save the promotion for your BIO.
- If your website hasn’t been around for 60 days, then please wait until that mark before applying. What we’re trying to do here is avoid broken links. People start sites every hour and we want to make sure we partner with those that will be around.
- Please don’t include any direct affiliate links. We’re really trying to avoid spam here and will edit articles as needed to correct this.
- Along the same lines as above, please note that we reserve every right to add, remove, or change images and or content we deem appropriate. Make sure that you have the rights to use and/or modify said images, because we may need to modify to fit with the theme of our site. Our audience has come to expect a certain quality from our articles, and we’ll do everything we need to uphold that.
**We are typically able to post within 3 business days of approval. If there will be any delay, you will be notified. We will also notify you on the day of publishing. Please be sure to tweet, pin, post on all social media channels as soon as the post is live.
Our Monthly Website Metrics
- We get ~20k pageviews per month
- Our audience is 68% male and 32% female.
- More than 90% of our audience is from English speaking countries (85% US English)
We’re always thinking of our audience above when writing for The Wallet Shoppe. This includes any guests that post on our site. Our readers are into things that guys like, bottom line. We’ll always give preference to men’s wallets and carry goods, but we also allow for tech, gadgets and gear. If our visitors like it, we’re open to hearing about it.
We’re open to traditional product showcases or reviews (below).
- Wallets, money clips, passport carriers, card cases, etc..
- Bags, duffels, backpacks, briefcases, satchels, laptop bags
- Phone and tablet cases and accessories
- Luggage, carry-on, travel bags
- Tech and Gadgets for guys – flashlights, headphones, pocket knives, GPS tracking, other unique products that our audience might enjoy
We are also open to relevant topics and articles around men’s style in general.
- Men’s ties and cuff links
- Men’s shoes and socks
- “When to wear XYZ” type articles
- “How to do XYZ” type articles
Since 2013 we’ve been able to acquire an email list of more than 10k subscribers. If you’re interested in including this as part of your submittal, please ask us about it. For the right topic, it really makes sense. We won’t ever spam our email list, so if the article doesn’t fit well with the demographic…we’ll suggest another topic.
Benefits of a Guest Post
Ok, so the bigger question may be WHY write for us? Well why would’t you want to?! But seriously, there are a ton of benefits to guest posting that we’ll dig into below.
The Big E
The main reason you’ll want to write for another blog is for brand exposure. The more places your name is found online, the more eyes that can see whatever it is your trying to promote. A specific product? Your brand in general? Making guest posting a part of your overall marketing campaign is a great way to accomplish that.
Bottom line, our website gets a fair amount of traffic. Well guess what? If you’re able to post a piece of content on our site, then you can drive some of said traffic to your blog. As long as you’re adding value and it’s topically relevant to our audience, you’ll see an increase in traffic from that post.
We’ve been around since 2013 and have acquired a certain online authority. Those that we decide to partner with can share in that authority by providing valuable content to our readers. Our readers in turn will start to view you as an authority on the subject you’re writing about.
If you’d like write for us, or have questions on any of the above items, please email us email@example.com.